Mantero is a United Nations Global Compact partner: United Nations Global Compact is the world's largest strategic corporate citizenship initiative that stems from the desire to promote a sustainable global economy, respectful of human and labour rights, environmental protection and the fight against corruption.
• We provided opportunities for training, growth and mobility within the company.
• We adopted maximum transparency, fairness and reliability criteria for our employees, suppliers, customers, external bodies and local communities.
• We promoted equal opportunities and have established gender equality as one of our most important values.
• We implemented our Code of Ethics values and are free from any discrimination based on ethnic-racial, sexual orientation, religion, politics, personal or social conditions.
• We implemented our Code of Ethics values working in good faith and honesty, in the fight against corruption, fraud and illegality.
• We participated in the Promoting Refugees Integration Association project and dedicated to permanently employing political migrants with the company. The Association is linked to the UNHCR.
• We adopted the ISO 45001 certification scheme, which alongside other ISO standards, defines a worldwide standard for a workers' health and safety management system.
• We obtained the SA8000 Social Responsibility certification, which identifies the international standard for corporate social responsibility. This includes respect for human rights, workers' rights, protection against child exploitation and guarantees safety and health in the workplace.
• We selected suppliers based on traceability and transparency of products and services supplied. We are also assessing the adoption of environmental safety at work, and social responsibility shared procedures.
• We partnered with the San Patrignano Design Lab, creating upcycling projects - the creative process of transforming by-products or waste materials into new products. Less waste, creative fun and highly unique results.
Since 2017, we have established a small company in Puglia for hand-hemming silk scarves. SALENTOLAB employs 21 people, 17 homeworkers and 4 warehouse workers, including an operations manager who is in charge of work scheduling and distribution. The homeworkers live between Gagliano del Capo and Melissano and are between 31 and 66 years old. SALENTOLAB is based in Puglia, a region in southern Italy with few job opportunities. Working from home offers these female workers the opportunity to balance family and childcare with work, which in this case does not have to be carried out on the company's premises, but in their own homes. The balanced scheduling of workloads, agreed with the supervisor, allows the women workers regular and reliable visibility of the remuneration expected each month.
Since 2023, LARIOLAB has also been in operation, a company established together with a historic clothing partner and whose majority shareholding is owned by Mantero. LARIOLAB is active in the processing of machine hemming, fringe, bandeaux, splitz. It now has 7 employees and is based in Appiano Gentile.
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
Discover Mantero 1902 Universe
Discover our collections and all the initiatives dedicated to you.
Sign up to our Newsletter and you will receive a 10% off * on your first purchase.
*The discount is valid on the whole collection except Dee Di Vita turbans. This can not be combined with other special offers or discounts.